Crockpot Chicken Tacos with Avocado-Cilantro Sauce Recipes
Simple, perfect Crockpot chicken tacos topped with an easy and flavorful avocado-cilantro sauce. Awesome for a weeknight dinner or for a crowd.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- salt (if your taco seasoning doesn’t contain it)
- 1 avocado (peeled and seeded)
- 1 medium jalapeno (stemmed and quartered)
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- salt (to taste)
- 8 tortillas (flour or corn)
- queso fresco (crumbled)
- red onion (diced)
- fresh cilantro (chopped)
- avocado (sliced or diced)
- other toppings (as desired)
- In a Crockpot, combine all ingredients and stir. Don’t add water. Cover. Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours, or cook on high for 3-3 1/2 hours.
- Shred the chicken breasts with a hand mixer or with two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the Crockpot if you shredded it by hand. See Note for more detail.
- Stir shredded chicken together with the sauce. Cook uncovered on high 30 minutes or on low 60 minutes.
- Make the avocado-cilantro sauce: combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until very smooth with additional salt to taste.
- Heat tortillas. By microwave: wrap all tortillas in a couple of very lightly damp paper towels and microwave about 20 seconds or until warm. By skillet: heat a medium or large skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium heat until warm. Working one at a time, add a tortilla and cook until light brown spots appear on the bottom side, about 15 seconds. Flip and repeat, cooking about 15 seconds. Repeat with remaining tortillas, covering in a clean kitchen towel to keep warm.
- Make tacos: use tongs to portion shredded chicken into warm tortillas. Drizzle avocado-cilantro sauce over. See Note for drizzle suggestions. Top with crumbled queso fresco or shredded cheese, chopped red onions, or other toppings, as desired.
Rated : 5 from 7 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post