Fresh Tomato Basil Pasta with Lemon & Garlic Recipes
EASY (6-ingredient!) summer fresh Tomato Basil Pasta bursting with bright lemon, garlic, & fresh basil! A delicious dish for beautiful ripe garden tomatoes.
- 12 oz. penne pasta (GF if desired)
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 3/4 cup fresh basil
- Juice from 1-2 lemons
- 2 tsp. olive oil (optional, I omit for oil-free)
- Salt to taste
- Optional: capers, pine nuts, etc.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, leaving al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, finely dice shallot, mince garlic, and dice tomatoes. Add to a large bowl.
- Roughly chop or chiffonade basil. Set aside.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain, and immediately add to bowl. Stir.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, basil, and capers if using. (Start with 1 lemon and add more to taste if necessary.)
- Toss well to combine, and salt to taste.
- Great served warm, cold, or room temp. Best if eaten within 2-3 days.
Rated : 5 from 5 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post