Tomato Spinach Orzo Soup Recipes
30 minute Tomato Spinach Orzo Soup! Quick to make with only 7 simple ingredients but full of flavor. It’s an easy vegan weeknight meal and great even in summer topped with fresh basil!
- 1 onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta (uncooked)
- 2-3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil (or other herbs – oregano, thyme, rosemary)
- Salt to taste
- Recommended: fresh basil for serving
- Dice onion.
- In a large stockpot over med-high heat, saute onion in 2-3 Tbsp. water/broth for about 8 minutes.
- While onion is cooking, mince garlic.
- Add garlic and dried basil. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add vegetable broth and diced tomatoes with juice.
- Cover and bring to a light boil.
- Add orzo. Stir, reduce heat, and simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until orzo is cooked.
- Stir in spinach during last couple minutes of cooking.
- Salt to taste and serve with fresh julienned basil if desired.
Rated : 5 from 8 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post