Garden Harvest Vegetable Soup Recipes
Fresh Garden Vegetable Soup! You can really taste the freshness of this beautiful blend that uses our favorite veggies straight from the summer garden.
- 1 onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 carrots
- 2 medium zucchini
- 3-4 tomatoes
- 2 ears corn
- 2 cups green beans
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth (+2 cups water)
- 2/3 cup fresh basil (or other herbs)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Peas, summer squash, quinoa, white beans, rice, etc.
- Dice onion, bell pepper (stem and core removed), and carrot.
- In a large stockpot over med-high, saute onion, bell pepper, and carrot for 6-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep the remaining veggies: mince garlic. Dice zucchini and tomato. Trim and cut green beans into 1-inch pieces. Carefully cut kernels off corn.
- When onion is translucent, add minced garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups broth, 2 cups water (or broth), tomatoes, zucchini, green beans, and corn. Increase heat and bring to a light boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice basil, and stir in during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Salt to taste before serving (it really helps bring out the flavors!)
Rated : 5 from 4 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post