Easy Vegan Bean Enchiladas Recipes
These super simple bean enchiladas are great for busy weeknights. Easy to assemble, great for crowds, and satisfying!
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 15 oz. can refried beans (vegan-style)
- Two 15 oz. cans black beans
- 6 large tortillas* (gluten-free if desired)
- 10 oz. can enchilada sauce (or try homemade!)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 3-4 green onions
- Vegan cheddar shreds (to taste)
- Diced tomatoes for topping
- Dice onion, mince garlic. Saute onion and garlic with 1 tsp. cumin and salt over med-high heat for about 7 minutes.
- Lower heat to med-low, add refried beans and stir with a spatula until beans soften.
- Rinse and drain black beans, add to pan. Stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Evenly distribute bean mixture to the center of tortillas, leaving space to fold ends in.
- Sprinkle some cheese on top of the bean mixture, then roll up with ends tucked in.
- Place seam side down in a lightly sprayed 9×13 inch glass baking dish. (Or pour a little enchilada sauce to coat the bottom of the dish first.)
- After all enchiladas are placed in the dish, pour enchilada sauce over the top. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and sliced green onions. (Or add the green onions after baking).
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Top with diced tomatoes before serving.
Rated : 5 from 7 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post