Chickpea Salad with Lemon-Basil Dressing Recipes
Easy, healthy Vegan Chickpea Salad loaded with fresh veggies and a light lemon-basil dressing! Great for picnics or make-ahead lunches.
- Two 15 oz. cans chickpeas
- 1 bell pepper (I use yellow)
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 cucumber
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced (or green onion for milder flavor)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2-3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder)
- 1 tsp. dried basil (or fresh herbs)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Optional: 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Make dressing: mince garlic. In a small bowl, add all dressing ingredients and whisk to combine. (Use 2-3 Tbsp. vinegar depending on how tangy you prefer.) Set aside.
- Finely dice bell pepper, carrot, tomato, and cucumber. Place in a large bowl.
- Rinse and drain chickpea and place in bowl with veggies. Pour dressing over top, and mix well to combine.
- Can serve immediately, but tastes best after it chills and marinates in the fridge for at least an hour. (Just give it another stir before serving as the dressing will settle.)
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post