Wild Rice Spinach Salad with Lemon-Garlic Dressing Recipes
Chewy, nutty wild rice salad combined with a rainbow of crisp veggies and tossed with a light lemon-garlic dressing! (Vegan, gluten-free)
- 1 cup wild rice (uncooked)
- 3 oz. spinach
- 8 oz. grape tomatoes
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 cup corn (thawed, if frozen)
- 3-4 green onions
- Optional: hemp hearts, beans, fresh herbs
- Juice from 1 lemon (about 3-4 Tbsp.)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (optional)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Cook rice according to package directions. (1 cup rice to 3-4 cups water.)
- While rice is cooking, make the dressing: in a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients and set aside. (Feel free to add some herbs if you wish.)
- Prep the veggies: dice the bell pepper, slice green onions, halve/quarter the tomatoes, and roughly chop the spinach. Place all veggies in a large bowl.
- When rice is done cooking, drain excess water and add rice to the large veggie bowl. Toss to combine. (The heat from the rice will slightly wilt the spinach.)
- Whisk the dressing and pour over the salad. Toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, or chill for an hour or more to further develop flavors.
Rated : 5 from 4 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post