Mushroom Gravy Recipes
My favorite gravy! Savory vegan mushroom gravy with onion, herbs, and hearty mushrooms. Absolutely delicious over a soft, fluffy bed of mashed potatoes!
- 1/2 small onion
- 12 oz. mushrooms
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup white wine (or dry sherry)
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. flour (GF if desired)
- 2 Tbsp. vegan butter (I like Miyoko's brand)
- Finely dice the onion, and thinly slice the mushrooms.
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute the onion for 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, salt, and herbs. Saute for 8-10 minutes.
- Add white wine and cook about 4 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add broth, bring to a boil, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 Tbsp. flour with 3 Tbsp. water. Add to skillet and stir.
- Return to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 2-3 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Turn off heat and stir in butter until melted. Salt to taste if desired.
Rated : 5 from 4 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post