Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes Recipes
These delicious potato pancakes are made from leftover mashed potatoes and are quick & easy to make. Perfect after Thanksgiving! Gluten free option
Cuisine : American,
Recipe Yields : 6 to 8
Prep time : 5 minutes
Cook time : 10 minutes
Keywords : mashed potato pancakes, recipe for leftover mashed potato, savory pancake recipe, Thanksgiving leftover recipe,
- 2 cups mashed potatoes cold
- 1-2 eggs (start with one egg. You want a consistency hat's thinner than mashed potatoes so if it is dry or clumpy then add another.)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Avocado or refined coconut oil for frying (or use vegetable oil if you prefer)
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together until well combined.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or skillet on a medium heat.
- Add the patties into the hot oil with a ladle, two or three at a time, don't overcrowd the pan.
- Cook the patties until bottom is browned and sides are set. You’ll see the bottoms getting browned if you use a light colored pan.
- Flip the patties and cook for another 3 or 4 minutes until browned and cooked through. To flip, you want to make sure the entire spatula is under the pancake. If it’s halfway it will break.
- Repeat with the rest of the patties and serve.
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post