Creamy Pumpkin Sage Alfredo with Gluten Free Penne Recipes
Rich pumpkin and coconut come together with heady sage for an indulgent fall dish that takes only 15 minutes.
- 3 cups Ronzoni Gluten Free® penne (, cooked according to directions)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (, plus extra drizzle for pasta after draining)
- 15 large sage leaves
- 5 cloves garlic (, minced)
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan (, plus additional for serving optional (omit if vegan))
- salt and freshly ground pepper (, to taste)
- water or veggie broth (, if necessary)
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Don’t overcook! Rinse with warm water after draining and toss with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Fry sage leaves until darkened, then remove and drain on a paper towel. Cut into slices, if desired.
- In same oil, fry garlic for a minute, stirring constantly, until fragrant. Add pumpkin and stir to combine and heat through. Add coconut cream and whisk until totally smooth. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low to simmer for a couple minutes. Add Parmesan cheese and stir ’til uniform and melted. Add salt and pepper to taste. If too thick for your taste, add a bit of water or veggie broth to thin, if desired.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet and reduce heat to low. Stir to coat with pasta sauce. Spoon into serving bowls then top with sage and additional freshly grated Parmesan, if desired.
Rated : 5 from 4 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post