Sweet Potato Cabbage Cashew Stir Fry Recipes
With a whole head of green cabbage this big veggie stir fry is sure to fill you up. Enjoy this delicious cashew stir fry on its own or served or noodles or brown rice.
- 1 package medium, firm or extra-firm tofu, drained
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder (optional, helps it crisp up)
- 1 tsp each garlic powder and black pepper (optional, for extra seasoning)
- water or vegetable broth for cooking
- 2 cups peeled and cubed sweet potato
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-5 cups chopped green cabbage (1 small cabbage or 1/2 a large one)
- 1 cup peeled and grated carrot (about 2-3 carrots)
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup (100 g) raw cashews
- cooked brown rice, for serving (optional)
- fresh chopped cilantro, for serving (optional)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce (use gluten-free if needed)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or coconut sugar
- To make the tofu, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cube the the block of tofu and place in a bowl. Add the soy sauce, cornstarch, garlic powder and black pepper and toss to coat. Place the cubes of tofu on a baking tray and bake for 30-40 minutes until browned.
- To make the sauce, whisk the soy sauce, maple syrup and hoisin sauce together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- To make the stir fry, add the cubed sweet potato to a wok or large skillet with about 1/4 cup of water or broth, cover and let steam until almost fully cooked, approximately 7-8 minutes. Add the cabbage, garlic, bell peppers, carrot and green onion.
- Cook over high heat, stirring frequently for 6-7 minutes until the cabbage and peppers are cooked tender but not overcooked. If the pan gets too dry, add 1-2 tbsp water or broth as needed. Add the cashews when there are a couple minutes left (or reserve to use as a topping).
- Add the sauce and stir to combine.
- If serving right away, divide between four bowls (on top of brown rice, if desired), top with the baked tofu and fresh cilantro and enjoy! Otherwise, store in the fridge in a container for up to 3 days.
Rated : 5 from 3 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post