Raw Frosted Chocolate Cherry Brownies Recipes
The best raw brownie, full of complex & sweet dates, nuts, cocoa, and sweet-tart dried cherries, topped with a rich frosting. Throw away your other recipes!
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons pitted Medjool dates*
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons pitted Deglet Noor dates*
- 1 cup raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 cup whole raw almonds
- 1 cup whole raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup walnuts (, chopped, optional (for mixing in))
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (, liquid form)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Combine almonds and walnuts (except that extra 1/4 cup for mixing through) in food processor or Vitamix and process until fine. Remove from the bowl and set aside. Add dates to food processor/Vitamix and blend to a paste.
- Return ground nuts, along with cacao/cocoa powder, and blend until the mixture forms a pebble-like consistency that clumps together when you press it between your fingers. Pour mixture into a bowl and stir in dried cherries and optional walnuts.
- Press your brownie mixture into a parchment-lined 8″ square baking dish with a bit of parchment overhang. If you desire, use a pastry roller to smooth the surface. Place in the fridge while you make your frosting.
- Blend the dates to a paste, then add in coconut milk and cacao/cocoa powder. Blend to combine. Add in warm water and blend again until smooth. Lastly, add in your melted coconut oil and process until smooth, glossy, and all-around lovely.
- Pour frosting over your brownie base and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight. Remove from tray by lifting the parchment overhand and slice into the desired number of brownie squares using a sharp knife occasionally dipped in water. Store in air-tight container for 1-2 weeks or in the freezer for 4-6 weeks.
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post