Crispy Paleo Coconut Chicken with “Honey” Mustard Sauce (Whole30, Low Carb, Keto) Recipes
This Crispy Whole30 and Paleo Coconut Chicken will fulfill your fried chicken cravings made with all the good-for-you ingredients and without the hassle of deep frying! It’s a delicious low carb recipe that your family will love.
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup medjool dates soaked to soften
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsps water
- 1 tbsps fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and grease a baking sheet or cover it with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients for the “honey” mustard sauce in a blender and blend together until smooth and creamy. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Pound the chicken into an even layer, then cut into 3/4 inch strips.
- Prepare an assembly line of three bowls: one with tapioca starch, garlic powder, sea salt, and ground black pepper; one with whisked egg; and lastly, one with shredded coconut and almond flour.
- Dredge each chicken strip in the tapioca starch mixture, then the egg, and then coat well with shredded coconut.
- Repeat for the rest of the chicken and place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes, then flip the chicken to bake for additional 7 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately with “honey” mustard sauce.
Rated : 5 from 6 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post