Dark Chocolate Cherry S’mores Recipes
Ripe, sweet cherries melt into rich, bitter dark chocolate, cushioned by a gooey, torched marshmallow for the perfect late-summer dessert.
- 2 graham crackers
- 1 teaspoon butter (, melted)
- 1 large marshmallow
- 1 square ((about 1 ounce) good dark chocolate, from a bar)
- 2 ripe cherries (, halved and pitted)
- Preheat your broiler.
- Brush both sides of the graham crackers with melted butter. Place in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate and lay a square of dark chocolate on graham cracker (for every two). Microwave about 30-45 seconds, or until the dark chocolate is beginning to soften and melt. Don’t microwave too long, or parts of your graham cracker will burn!
- Transfer the graham cracker with white chocolate on it to a pan and place a marshmallow on top of the dark chocolate. Place under broiler and watch carefully–about 90 seconds to 2 minutes. The marshmallow should puff up and begin to brown; don’t let over-brown or your graham cracker will suffer! If you prefer your marshmallow a bit more toasted, use a kitchen torch to brown the naked edge.
- Spoon halved cherries onto top of toasted marshmallow and top with remaining graham cracker. Serve immediately.
Rated : 5 from 7 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post