Black Bean Lentil Tacos Recipes
Healthy, satisfying Black Bean Lentil Tacos packed with fiber, protein, and delicious Mexican flavors! Easy to make then load them up with your favorite toppings! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
- 1 cup dry brown lentils (about 3 cups cooked)
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth (more if needed)
- Tortillas (I used corn)
- Salt to taste
- Tomato, lettuce, corn, dairy-free cheese, salsa, guacamole, cilantro, etc.
- Cook lentils according to package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, dice onion and mince garlic.
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, sauté onion for about 7-8 minutes.
- Once onion is translucent, add garlic, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Stir and saute for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat. Add cooked lentils (drained) and black beans (rinsed and drained). Mash mixture and stir to combine.
- Add salsa and vegetable broth. Stir and heat for about 5 minutes. Add more vegetable broth as necessary to keep it a creamy, moist consistency. Taste and add more salt or seasoning if desired.
- Spoon mixture into a tortilla with toppings of choice.
Rated : 5 from 7 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post