Whole30 Chili (with Chocolate!) – Paleo Recipes
This whole30 chili is full of flavor with chipotle chili powder, cocoa, garlic, and fire-roasted tomatoes. Destined to become a regular in your meal plan!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 white onions (, diced)
- 4-6 cloves garlic (, minced)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- a few dashes of ground cinnamon
- 1 6- ounce can tomato paste
- 2 14- ounce cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 14- ounce can beef broth
- 1 cup water ((or more beef broth or dark beer, if you’re not on a Whole30))
- 1 medium sweet potato (, peeled and diced into bite-sized cubes)
- to serve: sliced green onions (, chopped red onions, pickled jalapeños, sliced avocado, chopped fresh cilantro, or even shredded cheese, if you’re not paleo or on a Whole30)
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high. When the oil is hot and melted, add the onions and cook, stirring often, until they’re soft and translucent, about 7-10 minutes. Add the garlic and stir constantly until it’s fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the ground beef into the pan, stirring with your spoon to break up. Cook until brown and evenly crumbled.
- In a small bowl, combine the allspice, oregano, chili powder, chipotle chili powder, cumin, cocoa powder, and salt. Whisk with a fork to combine, then add to the pot. Add in a few dashes of cinnamon then add the tomato paste, stirring until well-combined.
- Add the cans of diced tomatoes, beef broth, water, and sweet potato, then stir well. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Simmer uncovered for at least an hour, and don’t skip this step! It’s important to the dish. When ready to serve, ladle into bowls and garnish to your heart’s content.
Rated : 5 from 6 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post