Vegan Couscous Stuffed Peppers Recipes
Easy, 9-ingredient Couscous Stuffed Peppers! Beautiful peppers stuffed with fluffy couscous, black beans, tomatoes, and fiesta flavors.
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous (or sub quinoa for gluten-free)
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (I like fire-roasted for some spice & extra flavor)
- 1 cup vegan shredded cheese (I like Follow Your Heart brand)
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- Avocado, cilantro, guacamole, salsa, green onions, etc.
- Cook couscous: boil 1 cup salted water in a saucepan. Remove from heat, add couscous, stir, and cover. Let sit 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff.
- Meanwhile, dice onion and mince garlic.
- In a skillet over med-high heat, saute onion for 7-8 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/veggie broth for no-oil saute method.)
- When onions are soft, add minced garlic, cumin, and chili powder. Stir and saute 1-2 more minutes.
- Add black beans (rinsed and drained) and diced tomatoes. Stir to combine and heat for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl (or your skillet if it's large enough), combine the black bean mixture with cooked couscous and vegan cheese. Stir.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise. Remove stem and clean out inner ribs with a spoon.
- Fill each pepper half, lightly packing down, and place in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Add a little water to the bottom of the pan and cover with foil. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil, add a sprinkle of additional cheese on top if desired, and bake for 5-10 more minutes. Garnish with any desired toppings before serving.
Rated : 5 from 5 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post