Vegan Corn & Potato Chowder Recipes
Healthy Corn & Potato Chowder with the most luxurious golden, cheesy broth! Only 8 ingredients and easy assembly makes it a perfect, cozy weeknight meal. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
- 1 onion
- 8-10 small red potatoes (about 2 lbs. or 4-5 cups diced)
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 3 cups organic corn (frozen or fresh)
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups plain almond milk (unsweetened)
- 2/3 cup nutritional yeast (I use this brand)
- 1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Fresh chives or green onions
- Dice onion. In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, saute onion in 3 Tbsp. broth/water for about 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mince garlic and cut potatoes into about 3/4″ chunks.
- Add potatoes and smoked paprika to pot. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth, milk, corn, and nutritional yeast. Increase heat and bring to a light boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Salt/pepper to taste, and add more nutritional yeast if desired.
- Leave as is, or blend some for a creamier texture. (I like to blend about half with an immersion blender.)
- Garnish with fresh chives, green onion, etc. if desired.
Rated : 5 from 4 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post