Chicken Cobb Salad (Dairy Free, Whole30) Recipes
A healthy chicken Cobb salad with all the classic toppings: chicken, bacon, avocado, jammy eggs, and topped with ranch dressing. Whole30, paleo, and dairy free.
- 1-2 tablespoons vinegar of choice for boiling eggs
- 6 large eggs
- 8 slices bacon (cooked until crisp and drained on paper towels)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups lettuce (frisée, green leaf, red leaf, romaine or desired mix)
- 2 cups cooked chicken (diced)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1 ripe avocado (peeled and sliced into 1/4” slices)
- Ranch dressing (about 1/3 cup. See Note)
- green onions (thinly sliced, for garnish)
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan and add 1-2 tablespoons vinegar of choice. Gently lower eggs into the water and boil 8 minutes for medium-set yolks. Immediately drain the boiling water after 8 minutes and transfer eggs to an ice water bath. Let sit 5-10 minutes or until chilled. Drain the eggs and return to an empty pan or bowl. Jiggle and bounce the eggs against one another in the pan until the shells are very broken, and feel almost like mesh. Peel under running water and cut in half lengthwise.
- Break cooked and drained bacon into 1/2-1″ pieces.
- Arrange lettuce of choice on a large plate or platter. Sprinkle salt and freshly ground pepper over then drizzle with about half of ranch. Arrange remaining toppings over in desired design. Top with remaining ranch dressing and garnish with green onions.
Rated : 5 from 3 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post