Baked Potatoes on the Grill Recipes
These baked potatoes are cooked on the grill, making them a perfect side dish for any grilled protein. Their insides are fluffy and the skins are crisp with a flavorful salt crust. Perfection!
- 3 tablespoons neutral oil (like avocado oil)
- sea salt (for coating)
- 4 medium Russet potatoes (even in size)
- aluminum foil (for wrapping)
- Preheat grill on high for 15 minutes with lid closed to about 350º F (176º C).
- Wash potatoes and prick all over with fork. Pour enough salt into a medium bowl to cover bottom of the bowl. Coat oiled potatoes in a light layer of salt, enough to add some extra crisp to the cooked skin.
- Place potatoes, one by one, in another medium bowl and coat all over with neutral oil. Transfer to bowl with salt and turn to coat with a thin but complete layer of salt. Repeat with all potatoes.
- Place prepared potatoes in microwave and cook on high for 4 minutes.
- Wrap microwaved potatoes in two layers of aluminum foil to prevent leaks or flare-ups.
- Place potatoes directly on grill grate and shut lid. Keep lid shut the entire time; expect cook time to be a bit longer if lid must open for other items. Grill for 30-40 minutes or until completely soft all the way through. Pierce with a skewer to test for doneness. Skewer should easily pierce potato all the way through with no resistance.
- Slice longways down the center of the cooked potato and gently press in ends to open. Use a fork to fluff potato flesh and serve with desired toppings.
Rated : 5 from 5 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post