Whole30 Potato Soup Recipes
A Whole30 potato soup that's rich and creamy, filling, and loaded with bacon and chives. Dairy free and gluten free.
- 6 slices Whole30-compliant bacon (diced)
- 1 tablespoons reserved bacon grease (or ghee or oil)
- 1 cup white onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 cups compliant chicken stock or vegetable stock (plus more if you prefer a thinner soup )
- 2 cups dairy milk (or plant based milk like almond, warmed)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes (cubed)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt (plus more to taste)
- freshly cracked black pepper
- fresh chives (minced, to serve)
- In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat, fry bacon until crisp. Use a slotted spoon to remove bacon and drain on a paper-towel-lined plate. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon bacon grease. Add onion and cook over medium heat until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds.
- Pour in chicken stock and add cubed potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, about 12 minutes.
- Reduce heat and use a potholder to carefully til the saucepan to the side. Use a ladle to scoop out about 1-1 1/2 cups liquid; add to blender. Add cashews to a blender and blend on high speed until completely smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour cashew liquid and milk into saucepan and heat over low heat. Add salt and pepper; taste and add more as desired. At this point, you can also add a little more chicken stock to reach the desired consistency.
- Ladle into serving bowls then top with bacon pieces, plenty of chopped chives, and freshly cracked pepper.
Rated : 5 from 8 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post