Kale, Pomegranate, and Feta Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette Recipes
A gorgeous winter salad with tart, juicy pomegranate arils, salty feta, tender baby kale, nutty pepitas, and garlicky Dijon vinaigrette with shallots.
- 5 oz. baby kale (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils (seeds)
- 1/4 cup pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
- 2 -4 tablespoons feta
- 3 teaspoons quality Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons quality apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 medium shallot or whole small shallot (minced)
- neutral oil or olive oil (a little less than 1/2 cup)
- sea salt or kosher salt (to taste)
- freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- In a measuring cup with handle, mix the Dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar with a small whisk. Slowly add in the oil, a few drops at a time, whisking constantly. It helps to place a towel underneath the measuring cup! Ensure that you fully emulsify (dissolve the liquids and oil to smoothness) the oil before adding much more. Add enough oil to measure 1/2 cup total. Add in the minced shallot and stir.
- Add in a few pinches of salt and a bit of freshly ground pepper and taste (try dipping a piece of kale in the dressing for a more accurate taste than straight off a spoon). Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Divide the kale between two bowls and place half pomegranate seeds, half feta, and half pepitason each bowl of kale. Drizzle with dressing, to taste, and serve.
Rated : 5 from 4 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post