Asian Toasted Quinoa with Mushrooms Recipes
Vegan Toasted Quinoa with Asian Mushrooms! Delicious and EASY with a beautiful medley of nutrient-packed mushrooms!
- 1 cup white quinoa (uncooked & rinsed)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 16 oz. mixed mushrooms (I used shiitake, portobella, and cremini)
- 6 green onions (sliced)
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- Mince garlic.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add 2 tsp. sesame oil. Add about 3 cloves minced garlic (reserving some garlic for later) and quinoa. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning, until quinoa is lightly toasted.
- Add vegetable broth to quinoa and increase heat to high. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the broth is absorbed and the quinoa is cooked.
- Slice or halve mushrooms. (Or leave whole if desired.)
- In a separate large pan over medium heat, saute shiitakes. (I use veggie broth/water for no-oil saute method.) Stir and saute for a few minutes until softened. Remove from pan.
- Repeat this step for the portobellas, then the creminis. (I cook them separately since they vary in size and cooking time, but feel free to do them all at once if you prefer.)
- Combine all softened mushrooms together in the large pan. Add the remaining 1 clove minced garlic and sliced green onions. Stir and saute for 1 minute.
- Add cooked quinoa. Then whisk dressing in a small bowl, and pour over the quinoa mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Rated : 5 from 3 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post