Quick Hidden Veggie Mac and Cheese Recipes
This quick hidden veggie mac and cheese comes together in only 5 minutes and gets its creaminess from veggies! The perfect toddler mac and cheese, this quick hidden veggie mac and cheese is healthier and way better than boxed! Made with frozen cauliflower rice and carrots, Barilla Ready Pasta, and a bit of cheddar cheese, this quick hidden veggie mac and cheese will become a staple in yours kids’ diets.
- 1 8.5-ounce bag Barilla Ready Pasta Penne
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 tablespoon frozen carrots
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (, plus more to thin)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt (, to taste)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Place frozen cauliflower rice, carrots, and 2 tablespoons almond milk in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave 2 minutes or until hot, stirring after the first minute. Transfer to a blender, add garlic powder, and process until very smooth, adding more milk if necessary to thin. Add salt to taste then scrape out of blender. Sprinkle in cheese and stir until very smooth.
- Knead the bag of Barilla Ready Pasta Penne. Tear to vent and microwave 60 seconds. Pour pasta into bowl and toss to coat. Add more salt to taste and serve.
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post