Vegan Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls Recipes
Simplified cinnamon rolls infused with pumpkin and pumpkin spice, topped with a maple-cream cheese glaze. Perfect for fall breakfasts.
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée ((NOT pumpkin pie filling))
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice (, divided)
- 1/2 cup Earth balance ((vegan butter), divided)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar (, divided)
- Maple-cream cheese glaze:
- 6 oz Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar (, sifted)
- In a small saucepan over low heat, or in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments, slowly heat the almond milk and 3 tablespoons Earth Balance until warm and melted together–do not boil. Remove from the heat and let cool to about 110º, or the temperature of bath water–warm but not hot. If the mixture is too hot, it will kill the yeast!
- Add the sugar then transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle on yeast. Let sit and bloom for about 10 minutes (should get foamy), then add the salt and stir. Add the pumpkin purée and stir.
- Sift the flour together with 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice. Add the flour mixture in 1/2 cup at a time, stirring as you go. The dough will be quite sticky, and if it becomes too thick to stir, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute or two until it forms a loose ball. Coat a large bowl with a neutral oil and add your dough. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and set in a warm place and let rise for about an hour, or until doubled in size.
- Stir together 1/4 cup sugar, remaining 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Roll out dough into a thin rectangle onto a lightly floured surface. Using a pastry brush, brush with 3 tablespoons melted Earth Balance and top with sugar-spice mixture. Starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough, ending with seam side down. Then with a very sharp chef’s knife or serrated knife (or string of floss, if that’s your bag), cut the dough roll into about 1 1/2″ – 2″ sections. Place in a buttered 8×8″ square or 8″ round pan and brush with remaining 2 tablespoons melted Earth Balance. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and place on top of oven to rise again while you preheat the oven to 350º.
- Once the oven has preheated, bake for about 25 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Meanwhile, make your glaze: beat the vegan cream cheese in a medium bowl on medium speed ’til smooth, then add in maple syrup and milk and beat on high ’til smooth. Add the powdered sugar and beat on medium speed ’til creamy.
- When rolls have finished baking, remove from oven and let cool slightly. Drizzle with maple-cream cheese glaze and serve immediately.
Rated : 5 from 4 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post