Southwest Tofu Scramble Recipes
A satisfying, protein-packed vegan breakfast! Southwestern tofu scramble with black beans, tomato, cilantro, and fiesta flavors.
- 15 oz. can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2-3 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro (stems removed)
- 1 lb. extra-firm tofu
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (I use this brand)
- Salt to taste
- Avocado slices, salsa, pico de gallo, hot sauce, etc.
- Dice onion and mince garlic.
- In a large pan over medium heat, saute onion with a little salt for 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crumble tofu and dice tomatoes.
- Add garlic to the pan, and cook for 30 seconds. Add crumbled tofu and tomato. Cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the tofu is cooking, put the cumin, paprika, and turmeric in a small bowl. Add 1-2 Tbsp. water, and stir to combine.
- Add seasonings and nutritional yeast to the pan. Stir well to combine.
- Add beans (start with half the can and add more as you desire).
- Add cilantro and cook another 3 minutes or until beans are heated through.
- Serve with avocado and/or salsa if desired.
Rated : 5 from 3 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post