Matcha Mojito Recipes
Matcha and mint: the perfect, elegant summer cocktail pairing. Simple to make, even simpler to drink. Matcha simple syrup makes enough for about 2 drinks.
- Matcha simple syrup:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon culinary-grade matcha
- Matcha mojito:
- 5 mint leaves
- 2 ounces good white rum
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1.5 – 2 ounces matcha simple syrup (, depending on how strong a matcha flavor or sweetness you like)
- club soda
- mint leaves
- green tea bag tags
- To make the matcha simple syrup:
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil and whisk til totally dissolved. Remove from heat. Spoon matcha into a small bowl and pour a little simple syrup into the bowl to make a paste, whisking vigorously until totally smooth. Pour in remaining simple syrup and whisk until smooth. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate until cool and ready to use.
- To make matcha mojito:
- Tear mint leaves and place in the bottom of a tall glass. Muddle mint leaves with a muddler or back of a spoon. Add rum, vodka, and matcha simple syrup and stir to combine. Add a couple handfuls of ice, up to about 2/3 of the glass. Top with club soda. Garnish with mint leaves and/or green tea bag tags.
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post