Chimichurri Tempeh Recipes
Nutty slabs of tempeh positively drenched in bright, garlicky flavor from a solid marinade with herbaceous chimichurri. Nom, nom, and more nom.
- 8 oz . tempeh (, sliced into 4 slabs)
- 1/2 cup chimichurri (, plus more for serving — use this recipe)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (, or olive oil spray)
- Steam tempeh for 10 minutes, to really allow the marinade to get in there and do its job.
- Make the chimichurri now, if you don’t already have some on hand. See this post for my ultimate chimichurri recipe.
- Mix together 1/2 cup of chimichurri and 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari (you don’t want the soy sauce in the final sauce, as it would be far too salty and with an aggressive flavor).
- Place steamed tempeh on a plate and pour marinade over. Rub into the tempeh and let sit for 1 hour, flipped in between and rubbing marinade into the other side.
- Preheat large heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Pour in olive oil or spray with olive oil spray and add tempeh in a single layer. Let cook about 3-4 minutes, or until lightly browned. Flip and let cook another 3-4 minutes, until other side is lightly browned. Add remaining marinade from the plate to the pan and cook another 3-4 minutes or so, turning occasionally.
- Plate and serve with additional chimichurri.
Rated : 5 from 5 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post