Summer Vegetable Chili Recipes
Easy 8-ingredient Vegetable Chili using fresh summer produce! Plus beans and mushrooms that make it a satisfying, quick & easy weeknight meal.
- 1 medium onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups fresh sweet corn (can use frozen)
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- Two 15 oz. cans pinto beans
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (or fresh)
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro, green onion, avocado, vegan cheese shreds, tortilla strips, etc.
- Dice onion, and mince garlic.
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute onion for 4-5 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. veggie broth/water for no-oil saute method.)
- Add minced garlic, chili powder, and cumin. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and corn. Stir and saute 5 more minutes.
- Add pinto beans (rinsed and drained) and tomatoes with juice.
- Increase heat and bring to a boil. Then cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Salt/pepper to taste and add any desired toppings before serving.
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post