Hearty Vegan Chili (30 Minute) Recipes
EASY, 30-minute Hearty Vegan Chili! Thick, flavorful, and delicious – perfect cold weather comfort food!
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 15 oz. can kidney beans
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (I use petite diced)
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder (use mild, or cut back if desired)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Salt to taste
- Optional: cayenne pepper or chipotle powder for a kick
- Green onion, avocado, cilantro, vegan sour cream, etc.
- Dice onion and bell pepper.
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, saute onion and bell pepper in water/broth for about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mince garlic. When onion is translucent, add garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and oregano. Stir and saute 1 minute.
- Add vegetable broth, tomatoes with juice, and tomato paste. Bring to a light boil.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain beans.
- Add beans, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Serve with toppings of choice.
Rated : 5 from 5 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post