Burger Bowls (Whole30, Paleo, Low Carb) Recipes
Loaded burger bowls with pickles, bacon, a quick guacamole, and a “special sauce”! These low carb burger bowls are Whole30 and paleo, too.
- 1 pound ground beef (any %)
- 4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon avocado or refined coconut oil
- 2 small heads romaine (sliced and root discarded)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 cup pickles (plus more to taste)
- 1 cup red onion (thinly sliced)
- 8-10 slices bacon (cooked til crisp and roughly crumbled)
- 2 avocados (peeled and pitted)
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos (if on Whole30, see note for details)
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup (if not on Whole30, see note for details)
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- pinch salt
- In a medium bowl, mix together beef, garlic powder, and salt. Heat avocado or coconut oil in a large skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium heat, then add beef and brown, crumbling with a spatula or spoon.
- Meanwhile, prepare remaining elements for the burger bowls.
- Make quick guacamole: In a medium bowl, mash together avocado, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Make the special sauce: whisk together all special sauce ingredients, using coconut aminos only if you’re on a Whole30 and skipping the maple syrup. If you’re NOT on a Whole30, skip the coconut aminos and use the maple syrup only. Set aside.
- When beef is browned and crumbled, remove from skillet and return skillet to medium heat. Add red onions in a single layer and cook until lightly charred on the bottom, then flip. Cook until lightly charred on the second side then remove and repeat until all onions are lightly cooked.
- Assemble: start with a layer of romaine in your serving bowls, then spoon 1/4 of the ground beef mixture into the center. Arrange remaining items around the beef: tomatoes, pickles, red onion, bacon, and quick guacamole. Drizzle with plenty of special sauce and serve.
Rated : 5 from 7 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post