Smoky Tomato Lentil Soup Recipes
Cozy, hearty lentil soup that'll warm you from the inside out! Fire-roasted tomatoes and smoked paprika add a double dose of smokiness to this simple, satisfying meal.
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1.5 tsp. – 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 15 oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. can regular diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup dry green/brown lentils (uncooked)
- 1-2 cups fresh baby spinach (or kale)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Fresh basil or parsley for serving
- Dice onion.
- In a stockpot over med-high heat, add onion and saute for about 8 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil saute method.)
- Meanwhile, mince garlic.
- When onion is translucent, add garlic and smoked paprika. Stir and cook 1 minute.
- Add both diced tomatoes (with juice) and vegetable broth.
- Rinse lentils add add to pot.
- Bring to a light boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 30-35 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Stir in spinach during the last couple minutes of cooking.
- Salt/pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped basil or parsley before serving if desired.
Rated : 5 from 7 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post