Rainbow Roasted Veggies with Quinoa Recipes
A beautiful rainbow medley of vegetables roasted to perfection, then combined with nutrient-packed quinoa and a flavorful garlic-balsamic dressing!
- 1 cup white quinoa (uncooked)
- 12 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 12 oz. asparagus
- 1 small red onion
- 2 bell peppers
- Baby spinach (a few large handfuls)
- Drizzle of olive oil (optional – omit for oil-free)
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil (or fresh if you have it)
- 2 tsp. olive oil (optional – omit for oil-free)
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut asparagus into 2 inch pieces. Cut bell peppers and onion into 1 inch squares. Place on baking sheet. Add cherry tomatoes, and toss all veggies with olive oil to coat (optional), then some salt.
- Place in oven and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse quinoa. Cook according to package directions. (I use a ratio of 1.5 cups water/veggie broth to 1 cup quinoa.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
- When quinoa is done cooking, immediately place in a large bowl and toss with spinach. (The heat from the quinoa will lightly wilt the spinach.)
- Pour dressing over quinoa and mix well to thoroughly combine. Add roasted vegetables, and stir.
Rated : 5 from 5 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post