Mexican Street Corn Salad in Cups with Hatch Chiles (Esquites) Recipes
A super flavorful Mexican street corn salad made with roasted Hatch chiles, served in small cups for parties or BBQs. Made with roasted corn, Hatch chiles, mayonnaise, Cotija cheese, lime juice, cilantro, and chili powder.
- 8 ears of corn (husked)
- 2 Hatch chili peppers
- 6 tablespoons Sprouts Organic Mayonnaise
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup crumbled Cotija (plus more for serving. Can use Parmesan)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (plus more for serving)
- salt and black pepper
- chili powder for garnish
- minced red onion for garnish
- 9-10 4- ounce canning jars or other cups for serving
- Preheat your broiler or your grill for medium heat. Place corn and chiles perpendicular to grill or oven grates and grill or broil, turning to evenly cook and char in spots. This should take about 10 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Cut kernels from corn cobs and place in a medium bowl. Peel blackened skins from hatch chiles; remove stem and seeds. Chop then add to bowl with corn.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, Cotija, cilantro, and salt. Scrape mixture into bowl with corn and chiles and stir well but gently.
- Divide evenly into jars or cups and top with more Cotija, cilantro, red onion, and a sprinkle or chili powder or Tajín.
Rated : 5 from 4 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post