Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa Casserole (Vegan) Recipes
Inspired by the classic comfort dish “Broccoli Rice Casserole”, this healthier remake leaves out the butter, condensed soup, and is totally vegan!
- 1 1/2 cups white quinoa (uncooked)
- 1/2 onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 large head broccoli (or 3-4 cups broccoli florets)
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups vegan cheddar shreds (plus more for topping if desired)
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1-2 flax eggs* (optional)
- Rinse quinoa well. Simmer covered in 3 cups water (or veggie broth for more flavor) for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, dice onion and mushrooms. Mince garlic. Chop broccoli florets.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Saute onion and mushrooms over medium-high heat for about 5-7 minutes or until slightly softened. Remove any extra liquid from the mushrooms.
- Steam broccoli for 2-3 minutes. (Or simply saute in the skillet you cooked the onion and mushrooms in.)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients with the cooked quinoa (and flax egg if using). Mix well.
- Add mixture to a 9×13" baking dish (lightly sprayed if desired). Spread out evenly and lightly press down. Sprinkle additional cheese on top if desired.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post