Paleo Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Swirl Recipes
This paleo pumpkin bread with cream cheese swirl is moist and tender, stuffed with a sweet, dairy-free cream cheese filling.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (depending on how sweet you’d like it)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or butter (melted and cooled slightly)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked in warm water for at least 4 hours, then drained and lightly dried)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Make the paleo cream cheese filling. Combine all ingredients in high-speed blender and blend until very, very smooth. Scrape into bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or lightly oil with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, salt, coconut sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda, and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and oil, and stir until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir to combine. Pour half of batter into prepared loaf pan and use spatula to smooth. Scrape half of cream cheese filling onto surface and spread evenly with spatula. Scrape remaining half of pumpkin bread batter onto cream cheese layer and spread evenly with spatula, followed by the remaining cream cheese filling. Spread evenly with spatula.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown, then tent with foil and bake for another 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top springs back.
- Cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack. Keeps in an airtight container for several days.
Rated : 5 from 7 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post