Pad Thai Vegetable Noodle Salad Recipes
This cold vegetable noodle salad is brought to life by this most delicious, creamy almond pad thai sauce. This sauce can be used over any salad, noodles, stir-fry, rice or roasted veggies.
- 5 tbsp almond butter (75 g)
- 3 tbsp tamarind paste (45 g)
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce (45 g)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (use gluten-free tamari or coconut aminos if needed)
- 5 tbsp water (or more to reach desired consistency
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (omit if you don’t want it spicy)
- 1/2 tsp unprocessed stevia (sub 1 tbsp pure maple syrup or 2-3 small soft pitted dates, or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 small zucchini, peeled and spiralized
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and spiralized
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 small carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onion
- handful of finely chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp raw cashews
- squeeze of fresh lime juice
- To make the almond pad thai sauce, blend all the ingredients until smooth and creamy, adjusting the amount of water as needed to reach desired consistency. With 5 tbsp it will be quite thick, and can be used as a sauce or dip, add a bit more for a slightly thinner sauce that’s closer to a dressing. Note: it will thicken as it’s stored in the fridge and you can always add water later to thin as needed.
- To make the vegetable noodle salad, add all of the ingredients to a bowl and top with desired amount of pad Thai sauce.
Rated : 5 from 4 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post