Paleo Coconut Cream Eggs (Vegan, Dairy-Free) Recipes
- 3/4 cups coconut butter ((made from about 4 cups coconut flakes – See note for recipe))
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup ((buy here))
- 1 1/2 cups paleo or vegan chocolate chips ((I love the Enjoy Life brand))
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil ((buy here))
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Medium cookie scoop
- Parchment paper
- Wire cooling rack
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut butter, shredded coconut, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Stir well to combine.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, dish out scoops of the coconut mixture. Roll into a ball between your palms and form into an egg shape that’s somewhat flattened (with formed sides). Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and repeat until all mixture is used. Freeze for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt your chocolate. Combine chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons coconut oil, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring very well between each burst. When chocolate is nearly melted but not quite, start microwaving in 15-second bursts; do not overmicrowave. Alternately, you can melt your chocolate in a double boiler. If you find the mixture is too thick with either method, add an extra tablespoon of coconut oil in and stir well.
- Remove eggs from freezer. Place a wire cooling rack over a cookie sheet. Dip eggs, one by one, in chocolate, flipping until well coated. Remove with a fork and use another fork to slide egg off onto wire rack. Repeat until all eggs are coated. Sprinkle with coconut flakes, if desired, or drizzle extra chocolate on top. To drizzle, transfer remaining chocolate mixture into a small plastic sandwich bag. Snip off the corner and gently drizzle mixture over egg surfaces. Freeze about 10 minutes to harden then serve. Can be kept at room temperature.
Rated : 5 from 8 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post