Healthy Creamy Tuscan Chicken with Artichokes (Whole30, Paleo) Recipes
A rich and creamy healthy Tuscan chicken with fresh spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and artichoke hearts. Whole30, paleo, and dairy free, the chicken is so tender, and the sauce is so full of flavor, making it a perfect quick and easy Italian weeknight dinner recipe.
- 4 chicken breasts (uniformly sized)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (plus more as needed)
- 1 tbsp ghee (butter, or avocado oil, see note)
- 2 shallots (minced, about 1/2 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 13.5-ounce can coconut cream or full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups fresh spinach (packed)
- 1 14-ounce can quartered artichoke hearts (drained)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (sliced)
- Cook your chicken: sprinkle both sides of chicken with plenty of salt. Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until oil is shimmering. Carefully place chicken breasts in skillet and cook 5-6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the breast, or until chicken is browned and firm. Transfer to a plate.
- Clean out your pan if it has browned or burnt residue, then return to medium heat. Add butter, ghee, or avocado oil, and when hot, add shallot. Sauté shallot until soft, stirring occasionally, then add garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds.
- Pour in your coconut cream; stir well. Add in your spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and artichoke hearts; stir. Simmer until flavors are well combined and the sauce has slightly thickened about 5 minutes. Serve over roasted potatoes (see note), cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash, or pasta.
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post