Easy Green Beans with Shallot & Tomato Recipes
Fresh, crisp green beans dressed in a warm, tangy shallot dressing! A simple and delicious side dish, especially in summer.
- 1 lb. green beans
- 2 shallots
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar (or white)
- Salt to taste
- Trim ends off green beans. Dice tomatoes and slice shallots.
- Steam the green beans for about 4-5 minutes, until just tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, saute shallots with a little salt for 4-5 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/veggie broth for no-oil saute method, adding more as needed.)
- Add diced tomatoes and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add red wine vinegar and heat for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat, add steamed green beans, and mix well to combine the dressing with the beans.
Rated : 5 from 7 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post