Vegan Double Decker Chickpea Tacos Recipes
Easy vegan Double Decker Chickpea Tacos! Take your taco night to a whole new level with these satisfying roasted chickpea tacos.
- 15 oz. can refried beans (vegetarian-style)
- 15 oz. can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1-2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 8 soft taco shells
- 8 hard taco shells
- Lettuce, tomato, onion, salsa, guacamole, vegan cheese, etc.
- In a small bowl combine chickpeas, taco seasoning, lime juice, and 2 Tbsp. water. Stir to combine and let marinate at least a half hour, or throughout the day in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 375. On a baking pan, spread chickpeas in a single layer. Bake for about 25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan over med-low heat, add refried beans. Stir occasionally until heated through. (Oftentimes I add cumin and smoked paprika to flavor it even more.)
- After the chickpeas are baked, feel free to warm the hard tacos in the oven for a few minutes if you wish.
- Assemble tacos: spread a layer of refried beans on the soft tacos. Wrap around hard tacos and fill with chickpeas and toppings.
Rated : 5 from 5 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post