Portobello Mushroom & Broccoli Stir-Fry Recipes
Asian-style take-out made easy (and healthy) right at home! This oil-free Portobello Stir-Fry is an amazing 30-minute weeknight dinner that's both satisfying and customizable with your own favorite veggies.
- 2 extra-large portobello mushrooms (about 12 oz.)
- 2-3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- Optional: sesame seeds for topping
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce (gluten-free if necessary*)
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch or arrowroot (to thicken)
- Optional: 1-2 tsp. grated/minced ginger
- Make the stir-fry sauce: mince garlic and add all sauce ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Wipe portobellos clean with a damp towel. Remove stem and slice into thin strips (about 1/3-inch thick).
- Slice onion and bell pepper.
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, saute portobellos, bell pepper, onion, and broccoli florets. (For oil-free saute, use about 3 Tbsp. broth/water in place of oil.)
- Saute for 7-8 minutes, gently stirring occasionally. Add a touch more water/broth as needed.
- Whisk the sauce again and add to skillet. Toss well to combine and saute for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring often.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, or noodles and top with sesame seeds and more tamari if desired.
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post