Cottage Cheese Alfredo Recipes
A rich and creamy pasta sauce made with cottage cheese. Easy, versatile, and super quick to make, it’s one of the best cottage cheese recipes. 4 Weight Watchers SmartPoints.
- 1 cup milk ((skim for low-fat))
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese ((low-fat cottage cheese to make this recipe low-fat))
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese or Romano cheese
- dried basil (to taste)
- dried oregano (to taste)
- fresh chopped parsley (for garnish, optional)
- Put all the ingredients, except basil, into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture in a small saucepan and add basil and oregano. Cook over medium-low heat until heated through and smooth. Add more basil, oregano, salt, or pepper (or other seasonings), to taste.
- Let it cook on low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cooked pasta right before serving and let it soak in for a couple of minutes. Top with meat or veggies as desired; garnish with fresh chopped parsley, optional. Serve immediately.
Rated : 5 from 7 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post