Teriyaki Vegetable Stir Fry (Oil-Free) Recipes
Super easy and flavorful Vegetable Stir Fry with a sweet & savory homemade teriyaki sauce! Make it your own with your favorite veggies.
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow summer squash (or zucchini)
- 4 oz. asparagus (woody stems removed)
- 4 oz. mushrooms (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3-4 green onions
- 8 oz. tempeh (optional)
- Optional garnish: sesame seeds, cashews, peanuts, green onions
- 1/4 cup tamari (or soy sauce, coconut aminos)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar (or 3 Tbsp. maple syrup)
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth or water
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. ginger, freshly grated (I peel my ginger)
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch (or arrowroot or other thickener*)
- If serving with rice, quinoa, or noodles, begin cooking that first so it's ready when the stir fry is done.
- Make the teriyaki sauce: in a small bowl, add all sauce ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Tempeh option: if using tempeh, cut into bite-sized pieces and add to bowl with teriyaki sauce. Toss well to coat and set aside to marinate. (Simply omit this step if not using tempeh.)
- Prepare your vegetables: cut broccoli into florets. Dice bell pepper, squash, and asparagus into about 1" pieces. Slice mushrooms.
- In a large skillet/wok over med-high heat, add 1/4 cup water or vegetable broth. (For no-oil stir fry method.) When hot, carefully add broccoli and mushrooms. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, squash, and asparagus. Stir and saute 4-5 more minutes. (Add a splash more water/broth if the pan dries out and starts sticking.)
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Gently stir the tempeh in teriyaki sauce and add to skillet. Stir well to combine and heat for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened and veggies are desired tenderness.
- Meanwhile, slice green onions. Add during the last couple minutes of cooking.
- Serve with desired rice, quinoa, noodles, or topped with sesame seeds, cashews/peanuts, etc.
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post