Best Chocolate Paleo Cupcakes Ever with Dark Chocolate Frosting (Gluten Free, Dairy Free) Recipes
Perfect, moist, tender chocolate cupcakes that no one would guess are paleo, gluten free, and dairy free! Topped with a rich, dark chocolate frosting.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk (whisked well)
- 1/3 cup cold or room temperature coffee (see Note 1)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons chocolate extract (see Note 2)
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips (like Enjoy Life or Lily’s, see Note 3)
- 3/4 cup coconut cream (just the solid white part of a can of coconut milk or cream)
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325º Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk together wet ingredients until smooth. Pour wet ingredients mixture to dry ingredients bowl and stir until well combined and with no lumps.
- Line muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners, preferably parchment paper. Pour or use a disher to fill muffin tin 3/4 full.
- Bake in the middle rack for 16-17 minutes. Do not overbake. Begin checking for doneness every minute starting at 15 minutes: insert a toothpick into the center of a cupcake. The toothpick should come out with crumbs but not completely coated like the center is liquid. As soon as the toothpick comes out this way (Crumbs but not coated), remove the pan from the oven. Let sit 5 minutes then remove cupcakes and cool completely on a wire rack.
- While cupcakes cool, make the frosting. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Microwave in 60-second bursts, stirring very well in between each burst, until ingredients are completely melted and totally smooth. Set aside and let cool to room temperature or chill in the refrigerator until firm but scoopable.
- Frost cupcakes when cupcakes are completely cool and frosting is set. Sprinkle with chocolate jimmies, if desired and not on a strict paleo diet.
Rated : 5 from 5 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post