Almond Joy Lara Bars Recipes
These paleo Almond Joy Lara bars are the perfect combination of coconut and chocolate and are super healthy. A filling and quick paleo snack, they’re very similar to chocolate coconut chew Lara bars.
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cups dates
- 1 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (, optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (, optional)
- water (, as needed (I use about 4-6 tablespoon but my standard dates are not too moist))
- If using whole almonds, process them first. Put them in the bowl of your food processor and blitz until crumbled and pretty uniform in texture. If using slivered or sliced almonds, skip this step, and simply add the almonds with the rest of the ingredients in the next step.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for water, and process until smooth and well combined. Add water as necessary to create a texture that clumps together but isn’t too moist.
- Line an 8×8″ baking pan with parchment paper, leaving extra on two sides to act as handles. Press mixture into baking pan and use your fingertips or a mini roller to flatten and smooth. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes to firm up.
- Use your parchment paper “handles” to lift chilled mixture out of baking pan. Slice into bars and keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week.
Rated : 5 from 6 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post