Vegan Chocolate Tahini Energy Bars Recipes
Rich, chocolately, fudgy tahini bars with hemp seeds! You will love these simple but decadent bars.
- 2 cups lightly packed, soft pitted dates (350 g, see notes)
- 1/2 cup tahini (120 g)
- 1/2 cup chocolate or vanilla vegan protein powder of choice (50 g)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (24 g)
- 1 cup hemp seeds (160 g)
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp almond milk or water
- Add everything to a food processor and mix until it forms a thick dough. It will take a little bit but it should form into one big dough ball, once it’s does, it’s ready to go.
- Press the dough (you may need to use wet hands, it can be sticky) into a parchment paper, wax paper or saran wrap-lined square baking pan. Take a few moments to press it down into the corners and work it all together. It will be a little sticky and messy.
- Place in the freezer for 4 hours up to overnight to set.
- Lift the bars out of the pan and cut into 14 bars.
- Store the bars in the freezer for up to 3 months. I love them straight from the freezer for the best fudgy consistency. They won’t freeze solid and they’re so good this way!
Rated : 5 from 8 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post