Perfect Paleo Instant Pot Carnitas (Whole30) Recipes
These perfect paleo Instant Pot carnitas are tender, flavorful, and juicy, made in about 30 minutes. A perfect Whole30 dinner, these Whole30 carnitas are the best carnitas I’ve ever had… and that’s saying something. Instant Pot carnitas are so freaking good, easy, and quick, they might just become your new go-to during the week!
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil plus more for browning
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless pork tenderloin (, excess fat trimmed, cubed)
- 1 onion (, peeled, quartered)
- 4 garlic cloves (, minced)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- Mix all rub ingredients together, minus pork tenderloin, and rub onto pork tenderloin. You can let this sit and dry marinade for up to two hours; if you have the time, I highly recommend it. Otherwise, continue on with the directions.
- Turn your Instant Pot on Sauté mode and add a drizzle of olive oil or avocado oil to coat the bottom of the pot. Add rubbed pork tenderloin and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides.
- Add all carnitas cooking juices ingredients to the Instant Pot over the browned pork. Secure lid and cook on Manual at high pressure for 15 minutes. Quick release, remove the pork and shred (or use a potato masher to shred).
- Preheat your broiler. Place amount of carnitas to be served on a parchment-lined baking sheet and ladle with a bit of cooking juice. Broil 3 minutes. Stir and broil another 2-3 minutes, watching so as not to burn. Serve.
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post