Creamy Whole30 Bacon Mushroom Chicken Thighs Recipes
These creamy Whole30 bacon mushroom chicken thighs are absolutely delicious. Crispy skin and tender inside, chicken thighs are coated in a creamy sauce with salty, crispy bacon, earthy mushrooms, and fresh thyme. These creamy Whole30 bacon mushroom chicken thighs might become your favorite quick Whole30 dinner recipe! But for a quick Whole30 dinner recipe, these creamy Whole30 bacon mushroom chicken thighs are totally dinner party worthy.
- 5 slices bacon (diced)
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2-3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms (about 3 cups, sliced)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large oven-proof skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp and fat is rendered. Transfer cooked bacon to a plate and pour out all but 1-2 tablespoons bacon grease. Increase heat to medium-high.
- Season both sides of chicken thighs generously with salt, freshly ground pepper, and Italian seasoning. Carefully place chicken thighs in the skillet skin-side down, taking care to place them so they will cook evenly without having to move them. Cook for about 7 minutes or until skin side is nice and evenly browned and releases easily from the pan. If the skin sticks, continue cooking until skin releases easily. Flip chicken thighs over.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook for 13 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160º F. Carefully transfer chicken thighs to another plate and place skillet on the stovetop. Take special care to always, always use a pot holder from this step forward; the handle will stay very hot.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook on medium-high heat for about 4 minutes, or until golden brown and a bit softened, stirring only once midway. Add garlic and, stirring constantly, sauté about 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, salt, and sprigs of fresh thyme to the skillet. Increase heat and bring to a gentle boil, then immediately reduce the heat to low. Simmer for about 2-4 minutes, until flavors are blended and sauce is reduced a bit.
- Add bacon and stir. Taste sauce and add more salt and pepper as desired. Return chicken thighs to skillet and coat with sauce. Serve with mashed potatoes or cauliflower rice and some leafy greens.
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post