Cream Of Mushroom Soup Recipes
This cream of mushroom soup is rich and decadent and so, so much better than canned! It's perfect as a starter or main dish, or even as a delicious homemade cream of mushroom soup in a casserole or other recipe like green bean casserole.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (divided)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (about 20 oz., white or baby bella)
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable stock (see Note)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2-3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour (see Note for gluten free or grain free)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (plus more to taste)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Put a pot on a medium heat and cook onions in 2 tbsp butter 'til slightly softened then add garlic and stir about 20 seconds.
- Add 2 tbsp more butter and then the mushrooms. Cook 'til softened.
- Pour in 1/4 cup white wine, stir, then sprinkle the flour over. Whisk well and cook 3-5 minutes til golden. Slowly stir in broth whisking well.
- Add the spices and simmer for about 15 minutes then add half and half.
- Blend to the desired consistency with an immersion blender or by transferring a portion to a blender, processing until desired texture, and returning to the pot.
Rated : 5 from 6 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post